Thursday, May 31, 2012

Apple Inspired Athlete: Kathy Wise


This week's Apple Inspired Athlete is Kathy Wise

City? Kelowna, B.C.

What’s your current age group?  40-45

What is your occupation?  Physician

How long have you been a triathlete? 

I started in the summer of 2010


When was your first Apple?  How many triathlons have you done?

My first Apple was the Sprint distance in August 2010. I did the Olympic distance in August 2011 – so 2!

What Apple event will you be registering for in 2012? 

If all goes well, I hope to do the Olympic again.

What got you interested in triathlon?  

Well to be honest, I was having a glass of wine with a friend who said they had signed up for a triathlon clinic. I was looking for a change from running so with a bit of extra courage from the wine, I signed up too!

What positive effects has triathlon had on other aspects of your life? 

Training for the triathlons gives me a great stress outlet. It offers some balance in life and I don’t get tired of doing just 1 sport because I am always changing what I do. It keeps me fit, healthy and happy!

Do you have any specific triathlon goals for 2012?

I would like to do 2 Olympic distance races this year along with a 2-3 sprints.

What’s your favourite part of the Apple Triathlon?

I love the finish – the crowd is so supportive.

Any other comments you’d like to make?  

I really encourage new triathletes to join a clinic or club and train with some friends. It adds a social component to training and makes the whole experience a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment